An updated version of my Aquacraft 38" fire boat. I used a lot of CA glue and made my own details and functions for it.
About this creation
A while back I uploaded a post showing my Aquacraft Rescue 17 Fireboat with a few Lego® details which included crew and dinghies. I just recently did a lot of work to it using a lot of Lego and Tamiya® parts. (Tamiya is a Japanese company who makes small plastic models) I also added some lights and did mechanical work to it, but I won't mention anything like that since it's not Lego related. One of the first things I added was an anchor winch with a small brick-built anchor. It is held onto the boat using heavy-duty Velcro and a drop of CA glue. (CA is heavily used on the Lego parts) The anchor itself can be unspooled, but it does not go over the hull for safety reasons. Anything that hung over the hull that is atleast 1" from the boat's waterline would probably break off and go right into the moving propeller.
Here is the wheelhouse roof, where I added the most detail. I added a weather station/relative speed mast with a coast guard flag, twin marine VHF antennas, a domed antenna, a large radar array that can kind-of be rotated, a red warning light, two access hatches, a generator exhaust and a mast with navigation lights and a smaller radar array bar. These actually look very good on the wheelhouse and give it a busier, more realistic and technical look.
This is just a small US flag that I made using fuel-proof model airplane decals, a cut off Lego pole, and a hinge brick with a newer rod-hinge part. I have not run this boat in a while, and I would like to see if the flag "flies." It can also be adjusted. CA glue holds in place.
The stern also had a good revamp, and the biggest difference is that I removed the two yellow dinghies and replaced it with a scratch-built boat. (The boat is made using a Tamiya® motorized boat and an old wind-up Mercury outboard. The outboard motor was an old broken one that was missing the prop, so I took the propeller off of a Playmobil® underwater motor off of my Yacht and glued it to the outboard. It is supposed to represent a weedless propeller, but it looks good enough. If you look closely, a Lego antenna/lever is glued to the outboard to make a tiller handle. Another big difference is the crane. It was completely brick-built, and it is held on using more Velcro and a lot of CA glue. (5 drops to be exact) It has a working winch, but it is not supposed to move. The crane is only there for the small boat. Lego rope pieces hold down the boat as well. My favorite detail is my inflatable life boat cylinder. It was not easy to make, but it looks very good on the stern deck. It is made out of an old Octan fuel barrel
And of course, the lights. Not that long ago I made deck lights, but they are still under progress. Back to the maintenance shop!
Quoting Didier B
Many afol won't like your creation because it is not 100% Lego. In my opinion this is quite interesting and you managed to improve the original model with a little use of Lego bricks. Well done!
Thanks! I know it isn't 100% Lego, but some people agreed with me on an older post of this boat with less parts. I only used the Lego bricks since they contrast well and don't look like Lego from afar.