A 40-gun frigate, freshly launched to escort the convoy en route to the New Terra. It carries 26 large calibre guns on gun deck, 2 bow chasers, 2 stern chasers, 2 guns on forecastle and 8 guns on quarterdeck.
This is the first time for me to use non lego shrouds, usually I'm very prudent with non lego elements in my moc, but once attached, the prefab shrouds look dull, it confused me a while, I didn't know what to do about the rigging, and then, I saw the Dancing Ember of Sebeus I, his rigging technique was simple and effective.
A short story for the 16x16 build:
In a small tavern situated at an unattractive street of Eltina, a mild-aged gentleman, apparently a marchant navy seaman, pushed the door and sat in a corner illuminated by the feable glow of a torch hang on the wall.
- It's been a long time, how it was the journey? Asked the barkeeper.
- As usual, nothing surprising, our escort did a good job, we haven't lost any ship.
- That's comforting.
- Yes, serve me a glass of your good wine and I'll tell you a secret.
- Take the bottle, I'm all ears.
The seaman emptied the bottle and began to tell his story.
- As I said, the sailing was risk free, we were at sea for a month, on the thirtieth day, the watch discovered a small island, a heap of coral to be precise with some palm trees on it. The captain asked me to organize a landing party to see if there is any fresh water on the island, I picked several able mateys and we jumped in the boat. The quest for water was fruitless, but we made another discovery, a shipwreck. Judging by its appearence, I was certain that it was not a merchant vessel, probably a post ship or exploration vessel. We were busy picking up the doubloons scattered among a heap of debris and rotten woods, and I've found this, a map, the legend was half damaged by seawater but I was able to distinguish certain words, like Tema Hiva, gold...
- Hum, I think we should talk this to my brother, he's an officer de la Royale, they always have a great interest in this kind of stories, they'll reward us.