The Ar 281 is one of Sarendala's specialized night fighters, designed and built by Sarendalan's expert aviation engineers. It is armed with 4 30-mm cannon and has an advanced radar system mounted in the nose. The Ar is short for Arctic.
Elevators and rudder are movable.
The cockpit, and Sarendala's emblem on the right wing. (This was cleared by Keith in Questions 5)
Of course it opens, how else will pilots get in and out?
The landing gear, I really like how they turned out. It's surprisingly sturdy, as the grey 1x1 with the clip tends to detach from the 2x1 orange jumper plate a lot more often than the wheel from the wrench.
It's retractable! (Kind of)
The Ar 281 is powered by 2 compact, lightweight turbojet engines. Don't let their small size fool you, they can put out slightly over 8000 pounds of thrust at full power. (Only to be used in emergencies, though.) The Ar 281 can easily do 600 mph, but can break the speed of sound at full thrust.
A close-up on the radar array, and the nose-mounted 30-mm cannon.
The slight angles on the radar antennae are intentional (it's not very noticeable, but you can sort of see it in the picture below).
This is my Fighter Category MOC for the group/contest Decisive Action 2.
Here's the specifications for the Fighter.
1. The Fighter MOC must hold an entire minifig in the pilot compartment. No “head only” crews. If the pilot is not fully visible when the fighter is assembled, then you will have to provide an “exploded” view which allows us to see the pilot in there with both arms, both legs, and his whole torso.
2. The Fighter MOC must have at least ONE gun or missile type weapon visible.
3. The Fighter MOC must include a flag emblem somewhere in the design. The size and placement of the flag is left up to the player.
4. The Fighter MOC must be shown on the ground, and resting on landing gear.
5. The Fighter MOC must be a jet, no propeller driven engines.
(yes, the amount of thrust of the engine at full power is a reference)
Attention in the Ready Room…The rules for the third iteration of Decisive Action have just been posted in the DA3 Ready Room. We built the Ready Room so motivated competitors could study the DA3 rules and gain understanding before the game begins on 7 April 2018. Well, the rules are now posted. So report to the Ready Room. Get the information, get your head in the game, and above all… get ready. Build! Post! Review! Attack! This is Decisive Action.