Every player in DA3 is allowed one country and only one country. If the DAS suspects a player of playing two countries, the DAS will eject that player from the game, and that players territories will be recolored back to white on the map (unclaimed). Those territories will be subject to occupation under the same protocols that govern occupation during regular play.
1. False players (the accounts players must open in order to support their illegal second country) are known in the DA vernacular as “sock puppets”. Creating a sock puppet is cheating.
2. The DAS will not stay the ejection of a player due to a lack of evidence. The DAS will act on its beliefs alone on this matter.
3. There is historical president for this policy. Sock Puppets have appeared on the map in at least one previous version of this game.
4. The DAS fully acknowledges that it cannot PROVE that a player is a sock puppet, but we believe we can often spot them. The mere accusation that somebody is a sock puppet is NOT enough to get somebody ejected from the game.
5. Jokes about sock puppets are disruptive to the game. The DAS may eject players who merely invoke the topic of sock puppets.
How many token is a player allowed in Monopoly? How many colors can a player control RISK? Chess? Chinese Checkers? In tick tack toe… can anybody play both the Xs and Os? This is not a difficult concept. When a player introduces sock puppets, he or she is basically destroying the integrity of the game for all the other players, for their own selfish reasons (because they can’t win without cheating, personal amusement, accepting a dare...) The DAS will not allow offenders to hide behind a “burden of proof.” Know this, believe this, and get used to this.
The DAS will only eject a player from this game after exhaustive internal discussion. It will never be an easy or casual decision. Once a player is ejected for suspicion of sock puppetry the DAS will not brook discussion on the decision in the game threads. Again, know and understand this. Permalink
General James Douglas has removed his National Flag from his avatar (buddy icon) and is therefore subject to a Regime Change. His territory will revert to white and the Milit'ry O' Silly Walks will be removed from the Key.
CSM Vakkron, I believe an Achievement has just been unlocked. First Regime Change.
General Nick Barrett has changed his avatar (buddy icon) and is now flying a new flag. According to the rules this decision has triggered a Regime Change. Mr. Barrett's former territory will revert to white and his former nation, The Resistance, will be removed from the Key.
1) The first WC vote is over and General Patrick Boyle is your first Chief Magistrate. For more information check out the voting thread.
2) Regrettably, XO Michael Rutherford has decided to leave DA3 (and MOCpages) and no longer has a role on the DAS. This turn of events was both abrupt and a complete surprise to Caleb and myself. The reasons don't particularly matter at this point, the game will go on without him, but will no doubt be worse for his involvement as creator. I won't be discussing the reason for his departure.
In the days and weeks ahead, you will notice that the DAS response time will be slowed when it comes to questions and MOC approvals, we ask for your patience. XO Rutherford did a great deal of work around here and the DAS will be far less efficient. For that you have our apologies but it is better that the game moves forward more slowly rather than not at all.
We may be taking on an additional staff member, and we will make an announcement here should that happen. Permalink
General Bacca has changed his avatar (buddy icon) and is now flying a new flag. According to the rules this decision has triggered a Regime Change. Mr. Bacca's former territory will revert to white and his former nation, The Pzob, will be removed from the Key.
I'm still in the process of replacing XO Rutherford's approvals and 'likes'. Don't be alarmed if I have not fixed yours by the beginning of the Attack Window. When I calculated the battles I will make absolutely sure that every approved MOC has a "like" from the DAS. If Rutherford approved you, it still stands. You don't have to get re-approved. Permalink
The turn 3 Attack Window will open this SATURDAY 4/21/18 at 1pm (PDT), barring another MOCpages power outage.
The AW will be entirely conducted by CSM VAkkron. Please show him the utmost patience and respect, this is his first time running the AW.
If at all possible, I urge you to please get any new MOCs that need approval in before Saturday, CSM VAkkron will be working alone and I would prefer that he isn't overwhelmed at the last minute with questions and MOCs.
I will be absent from the site from mid-day on Friday until mid-day on Sunday. I will calculate the battles and have the results posted sometime Sunday night or Monday morning at the latest.
If you need to ask a question without betraying your strategy to the group you can email me: Legomankeith@aol (yes I still have an ancient AOL account for Lego related stuff. I’ve had it far too long to give it up now, and I wear it like a badge of honor). Permalink
This is just a quick reminder that the World Court Building challenge ends on Saturday 4/21/18 at 11pm (PDT). So far there are no entries and it's an easy way to raise your DIPLO score so if you're interested the time is now. If there are at least 2 entries, voting will take place on Sunday 4/22/18. Good luck. Permalink
I'm about to go radio silent until Sunday evening, while I'm gone CSM VAkkron is in command and no tomfoolery, buffoonery or related shenanigans will be tolerated. If not for the efforts of VAkkron there would be no attack window this week so treat him well. Here are some reminders about this weekend.
-AW3 Begins Saturday (tomorrow) 4/21/18 at 1pm (PDT).
-There are still some potentially costly mistakes in the ORBAT thread, accuracy on every line is the best way to set yourself up for success in the AW. There will be no mercy for mistakes, no do-overs.
-The World Court Building challenge ends on Saturday 4/21/18 at 11pm (PDT). Voting will begin on Sunday 4/22/18.
-I will return Sunday night or Monday morning with the turn 3 battle results and map update.
Attention in the Thunderdome. Attention in the Thunderdome.
This is a timely warning for all nations planning an attack tomorrow. The attack window will open in approximately 15 hours. At that time, the ORBAT will be locked.
Currently, you all seem to have a National Flag and a Mechanized Infantry Squad MOC. That is GOOD. However, at least 10 of you have mistakes on your ORBAT. That is BAD. The mistakes I checked for include proper number of territories and accurate resource counts. Mistakes will be counted against YOU in the AW. You cannot gain a competitive advantage from any typo, and you will almost certainly cost yourself something instead.
Act wisely. This error does not discriminate between veterans or new players. Cross your t's and dot your i's, everybody. Especially those of you with only one territory... I don't know how Keith will rule an attack made by a nation with ZERO territories listed on their ORBAT.
This is a timely warning. I did not check links. Be sure yours are activated.
It appears that some of you are not posting links to your creations in the MOC EVALUATION REQUESTS thread. This has been strongly recommended because the group pool is not necessarily secure. Keith has been checking the pool anyway to catch any MOCs that otherwise slip through the cracks, but I haven't been doing that.
PLEASE be sure to post a link to your creation in the MOC EVALUATION REQUESTS thread rather than simply adding it to the group pool. This will guarantee that I will see it and evaluate it, even if it is down to the wire.
For that matter, get your MOCs in as soon as possible. I can only do so much in the last few minutes before AW3 opens.
I'm commandeering this mic once again to inform you all that Attack Window 3 will commence with its usual fanfare at 1pm PDT TODAY, Sunday. Please be prepared, as this is less than an hour and a half away. Expect an extra warning at the 30-minute and 5-minute marks. Fix those ORBATS, and get ready to attack.
One more announcement. The limited-time World Court building challenge has been extended until the ORBAT closes before the AW3. If your EVALUATION REQUEST is in before the ORBAT closes, then I will review it and approve (if you meet the specs). If I do not approve it before the AW, you may add it to your ORBAT once my approval is in and the ORBAT thread is unlocked again.
- Attack Window 4 is scheduled for it's usual time slot of Friday 4/27/18 at 1pm (PDT). In the event that we have another MOCpages-wide power outage, the DAS will permanently change the time-slot to Mondays at 1pm (PDT).
- A reminder, the next election for Chief Magistrate will occur on 5/1/18 at 1pm (PDT). Current CM Boyle will be eligible for re-election and the voting will be conducted in the same manner as the first CM election.
- A reminder, the second wave of categories will be released Monday 4/30/18 at 1pm (PDT)
- I want to congratulate CSM VAkkron again for presiding over AW3 with skill and aplomb.
- The Turn 3 battle results and map update will be released today when the window closes at 1pm (PDT).
The DAS is proud to announce the addition of former General Nick Barrett effective immediately. Barring unforeseen circumstances this will be the final modification to the team. Please join us in welcoming Command Sergeant Major Barrett to the DAS (just not in this thread).
If you’re interested you can clear your browser cache to see his DAS avatar. Permalink