Welcome to the Lego Castle Building Techniques Contest 2017! (or LCBTC for short)
This is an elimination- style contest made up of 2 or 3 rounds. (Depending on how many people enter)
Anyone with a MOCpages account is encouraged to join, and there will be some awesome prizes for the winners! :)
General Entry Rules:
1) Only new MOCs (posted after the categories are released) will be accepted! Please do not use MOCs that you have already built and posted, since the point of the contest is to see what kind of things you can come up with during the given time.
2) All pictures must be taken on a solid background. The background color is your choice, but please keep it plain and simple.
3) Do not focus your MOCs on the use of custom made parts. While they are accepted, please keep in mind that they are discouraged from use in the contest.
4) You may not edit any of your entries after any of the two deadlines. Exception being if you get special permission from an admin to make a minor change (like fix a broken link, etc.)
5) This should be obvious, but keep in mind that all entries must fit into one of the categories for that round. Entries that do not obviously fit into a category will be disqualified.
6) All entries must depict something from the middle ages, or built in the medieval style. In other words, castle entries only, please!
7) If you do not submit an entry by its deadline, you will be disqualified from participating from the rest of the contest.
8) Please don't create new threads, this is reserved for admins only.
9) Follow basic MOCpages rules. Be polite and appropriate.
10) LDD creations are allowed, but please take the time to render or present them well. (No LDD screenshots)
11) You may only build one MOC per round, you cannot enter multiple times. If you do so, only your first submission will be judged and all others will be removed from the group.
After the Round 1 categories are released, and participants will have one month to post their first entry. About half of the entries will move on to round 2. (Depending on participation)
Keep in mind: No entries will be accepted after the deadline, no exceptions. If you do not post anything by then, you will not be able to participate.
Round 2 will begin 3 days after Round 1 ends, after a brief judging period for the Round 1 entries. It will work the same as Round 1, except there will be a new set of categories. Participants will have 3 weeks to submit their next entry.
If there are enough participants, a third round may be added, also 3 weeks long with a 3 day judging period before.
What Will Entries
Be Judged On?
There are three main things that entries will be judged on.
1) Use of innovative and interesting building techniques (Parts usage)
Interesting parts usage, new techniques
2) Overall quality
Build quality, presentation, etc.
3) How well it fits into the category
Last but not least, have fun! That's what it's really all about. Take out your bricks and see what you can come up with! Maybe you'll even win some awesome prizes! Permalink