In the aftermath of June’s WC, the Trans-European Resistance successfully destroyed several of the Deutsches Reich key railroads and radar stations. This slowed down the Reich’s war machine, but it wasn’t enough to postpone the invasion of Britain.
The Deutsches Reich has been able to finish constructing their forward bases and military complexes along the coast of France. Now they are loading up the transports and planes for an all out invasion of the island of Britain.
On the islands near Australia, the preparations for the invasion of Australia are going more slowly than anticipated. Notwithstanding this disappointment though, the Empire of the Rising Sun is far from giving up. They are ready to conquer the continent of Australia once and for all.
On the small yet stalwart island of Britain, its inhabitants have set up defenses all along the coast. The mines have been laid, and barbed wire and anti-mech countermeasures line the shore and countryside. Will this be enough to stop the Deutsches Reich’s seemingly invincible army?
In North Africa, the Deutsches Reich is relentless in their attacks. Yet in the face of all this adversity, the United States has been able to set up defenses in the weakened Algeria. Airstrips are nearing completion as well. For without them, the United Kingdom, and United State’s forces in North Africa will be without a steady supply of gear, weapons, fuel and other essentials.
Details of each challenge for the different Nation/Faction’s are listed below-
The transports are ready. The mech’s are fueled. And the soldiers are ready for battle. Britain must be taken at all costs! The first assault will be made on the coastal city of Portsmouth. Heavy resistance is to be expected. The Deutsches Reich’s spies report that the Channel is heavily mined, and defenses of every sort are in place. Portsmouth is the weakest of all the locations to attack. Deutsches Reich Nation members need to be shown doing either:
1. Attacking the shore of Portsmouth and fighting the United Kingdom’s forces gathered there.
2. Parachuting from a plane into the city of Portsmouth to spread confusion and mayhem behind enemy lines.
3. Spreading mayhem and confusion amongst the United Kingdom’s forces in Portsmouth, e.g. destroying defenses, disrupting communications, compromising fuel etc.
Empire of the Rising Sun-
All are restless as the preparations for invading Australia come to a close. In this lull of activity, the Empire of the Rising Sun’s general’s have ordered that spies be sent into Australia to get important information about the enemies positions and defenses. Also, to soften up resistance, mass bombings have been ordered on key coastal cities. Empire of the Rising Sun Nation members need to be shown either:
1. Going around either a city/town or going into a military base, and getting valuable information.
2. Piloting/Flying in a bomber, and attacking an important Australian coastal city.
After successfully destroying several key railroads and radar stations, the TER is elated. But in the face of their accomplishment’s, the Deutsches Reich is far from being crippled nor is their invasion to be stopped. The TER has realized that if the island of Britain is to have any chance of survival, they must ambush the Reich which is en route to Britain. TER members must either be showing doing either:
1. Hijacking some of the Deutsches Reich’s warships with which they will attack the seafaring Reich’s fleet.
2. Sabotaging Deutsches Reich vehicles, ships, and airplanes. The choice of sabotage is up to the individual e.g. disrupting fuel, planting time bombs, destroying important components on machines etc.
Tension runs high in the United Kingdom’s cities. Especially the coastal ones. Word has been sent from some of the United Kingdom’s spies that despite the TER’s attacks on the Deutsches Reich, the invasion is still well underway. The cities of Exeter, Plymouth, Falmouth, Dover and Portsmouth are the five locations that the Deutsches Reich have targeted as revealed by the British spies. United Kingdom members must be shown doing either:
1. Defending one of the cities coastline’s from the Deutsches Reich.
2. Discovering and eliminating undercover Deutsches Reich soldiers who could potentially cause scenario changing results via espionage, confusion, demolitions, etc.
War in the European theater is the main concern of the White House. However, the previous campaigns into Southern America, while having positive effects, are now backfiring. Protests and attacks on military bases in South America are distracting the government from the real threats.
On the other hand, the Empire of The Sun is launching small attacks to test our defenses. Recently, attack ships carring mecha have been spotted moving towards the United Kingdom controlled Australia.
1. Show your character dealing with the protests and attacks on military bases, either peacefully or using force.
2. Help fortify Australia or deal with the small attacks from the Empire.
3. Attacking the Deutsches Reich occupied territories in North Africa of either Chad, Niger or Mali.
And that is the World Challenge for July.
Tensions run high for all nations.
Even in the face of adversity, stand tall and strong for your Nation and fight till the end!
P.S. I apologize for this coming in so late, so due to the nature of this WC, a grace period will be extended to August 6th.
The August WC will begin on the 1st of August. Permalink
Awesome! I think my character will be helping aid the TER in destroying part of a convoy. Most likely in support of destroying supplies meant for the invasion of Britain. Vehicle type is TBD so far (boat, truck, train). Permalink